Watershopy.com (each a “Site”, together the “Sites”) are electronic commerce platforms are predominantly used by business entities to facilitate electronic commerce and
1.COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account.
- Information including, but not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, gender, date and/or year of birth and user preferences (“Registration Information”) may be collected at the time of user registration on the Sites.
- In connection with any transaction and payment services or services under our buyer protection schemes we provide on the Sites, information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers and expiration dates and tracking information from cheques or money orders (“Account Information”) may be collected to, among other things, facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Sites.
- We record and retain details of users’ activities on the Sites. Information relating to such transactions including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the goods, pricing and delivery information and any trade dispute records (“Activities Information”) may be collected when sale and purchase transactions are conducted on or facilitated through the Site.
2. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
If you provide any Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have authorized us to collect, retain and use that Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Verifying your identity;
- Verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the Sites;
- Processing your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the Sites and maintaining and managing your registration;
- Providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- To facilitate communication between buyers and sellers on the Sites;
- Performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Sites, to improve our product offerings and services and for marketing and promotional purposes.
3.DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of the Watershopy entity that you are contracting with) your Personal Data to service providers engaged by us to assist us with providing you with our services (including but not limited to data entry, database management, promotions, products and services alerts, delivery services, payment extension services, and membership authentication and verification services) (“Service Providers”). These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified at B.1 to B.9 above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing).
- You agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of the Watershopy entity that you are contracting with), for the purposes specified at B.1 to B.9 above, your Personal Data to other affiliated companies within the Watershopy Group, which comprises a group of companies operating leading online and mobile marketplaces in consumer and business-to-business commerce, as well as cloud computing and other services.
- When necessary we may also disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of the Watershopy entity that you are contracting with) your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations for the purposes specified at B.9 above.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any Service Providers engaged by us and third parties referred to at C.2 and C.3 above, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in B.1 to B.9 above.
- Entity that you are contracting with) your Personal Data to service providers engaged by us to assist us with providing you with our services (including but not limited to data entry, database management, promotions, products and services alerts, delivery services, payment extension services, and membership authentication and verification services) (“Service Providers”). These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified at B.1 to B.9 above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing).
- A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie can be sent to your computer’s hard drive only if you access the Sites using a computer. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same computer to access the Sites, our web servers will be notified of your visit to the Sites and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
- You can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring the browser which is installed in the computer you are using to access the Sites. If you choose, you can change those configurations. By setting your preferences in the browser, you can accept all cookies or you can choose to be notified when a cookie is sent or you can choose to reject all cookies. If you reject all cookies by choosing the cookie-disabling function in your browser, you may be required to re-enter information on the Sites more often and certain features of the Sites may be unavailable.
The Sites and their contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18) and we do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors. However, we have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our Site. If a minor has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact our Legal Department at the address set out in paragraph D above to remove the information.